What Are Kudos In OSRS?
Kudos are rewards given to players by helping the staff in Varrock Museum. The staff will give rewards in Kudos for certain tasks performed by each player.
The information booth in the museum will provide the current kudos count and what else can be done to complete more tasks. The booth is located on the first floor of the Varrock Museum.
Kudos are required to start Bone Voyage Quest, to access Fossil Island and the gate to Digsite.
How Can You Get Kudos?
A maximum of 230 Kudos can be earned through different activities in the museum.
- Cleaning Finds in the museum – 50 Kudos
- Completing answers to Orlando Smith’s Natural History Quiz – 28 Kudos
- Explaining details of certain quests to Historian Minas – 75 Kudos
- Fulfilling fossil exhibits – 72 Kudos
- Giving ancient relics to Curator Haig Halen. – 5 Kudos
What is the best way to get kudos in OSRS?
The best way to earn kudos in OSRS is to focus on activities within the Varrock Museum. By engaging in the Varrock Museum miniquest and cleaning ancient artifacts, you can accumulate a significant number of kudos. Additionally, completing quests and miniquests that offer kudos as rewards is another efficient method to earn kudos points.
Obtaining Kudos In OSRS
National History Quiz
The easiest way to obtain 153 kudos is by completing the natural history quiz. The quiz has no requirements and can be done on a fresh account too. The quiz is simple, you just have to answer questions about different creatures in the Gielinor.
To start the quiz, talk to Orlando, located in the basement of the museum. You will find different questions on each display box. Every correct answer will award you with kudos.
Completing this task will give you 14 kudos and 1000 xp in slayer and hunter both.
This is the quickest way to get 1-9 Hunter level. A push start for every fresh account before they start training hunter.
Quests to Get Kudos
If you are a genuine player who loves adventures, you can gain kudos by completing Quests in OSRS. Each complete quest that is submitted will reward you with XP lamp and kudos.
The quests which can earn you kudos are:
- Demon Slayer (Free-to-Player)
- Rune Mysteries (Free-to-Player)
- Shield of Arrav (Free-to-Player)
- The Grand Tree
- Hazeel Cult
- In the aid of the Myreque
- Making History
- Merlin’s Crystal
- Observatory Quest
- Priest in Peril
- A Tail of Two Cats
- Temple of Ikov
- What Lies Below
- Curse of the Empty Lord (Miniquest)
Cleaning finds will reward you with 50 kudos. You have to complete digsite quest to do this. The digsite area can be found south of Varrock museum.
Once you reach there, talk to an archaeologist and begin cleaning finds.
- Leather gloves
- Leather boots
- Rock Pick
- Specimen Brush
All these tools can be found inside the museum.
Obtain the unclean finds from the digsite and use them on empty specimen tables to clean them.
Artefacts that can be cleaned for kudos:
- Old Symbol
- Ancient Symbol
- Ancient Coin
- Old Coin
After the completion of the quest; Bone Voyage, the players are able to search for unidentified fossils in the fossil island. These must be cleaned after obtaining to be identified.
The first five fossils can be obtained from Peter in the museum camp. These can be placed on the display according to the sizes available. The displays are in small, medium and large sizes.
The next fossils you obtain can be added into the empty displays after cleaning.
OSRS Kudos Guide
A player will need a set of limbs, spine, ribs, pelvis, and skull of the same size to fill an animal display. A set of fossilized roots, stump, branch, leaf, and mushroom are required to fill a plant display.
Each completed display will reward you with 2 kudos and upto 12000 xp in total.
How to check kudos in OSRS?
The current number of kudos can be viewed by talking to the Historian in Varrock Museum. To check your kudos in OSRS, follow these steps:
- Visit the Varrock Museum: Go to the Varrock Museum, located in the city of Varrock.
- Speak to Historian Minas: Find Historian Minas, who is usually located near the entrance of the museum.
- Inquire about kudos: Speak to Historian Minas and ask about your kudos or inquire about your progress.
- Dialogue options: Choose the appropriate dialogue options to check your kudos or ask about your kudos progress.
There are rewards which can be obtained with a certain amount of kudos.
- 100 Kudos – Access to bone voyage, lets you access Fossil Island
- 150 Kudos – Access to Volcanic Mine
- 153 Kudos – Access to Digsite
For extra XP rewards, you can talk to the information clerk
- 1000 XP for 51+ Kudos
- 2500 XP in Crafting and 3500 XP in Mining for 101+ Kudos
- 4000 XP in Crafting, Hunter, Prayer, Slayer and Smithing for 151+ Kudos
Do Kudos points expire?
No, kudos do not expire. Once you have obtained kudos, they remain in your account indefinitely. You can continue to accumulate kudos and increase your total count over time.